Izabel Goulart | ! Model Imago !
Return to homepage

March 24, 2008

Izabel Goulart

Izabel Goulart is Victoria’s newest secret. This Brazilian bombshell has been on a roll since showing off her remarkable assets at the 2005 edition of the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show.

Izabel Goulart was born on October 23, 1984, in São Carlos, Brazil. Blessed with a flawless physique and a fetching smile, it didn’t take long before she was discovered. “I was with my mother buying groceries in the center of my city when a hairdresser suggested that I should become a model,” she recalls. “So I moved to São Paulo and started modeling.”

Although she’s one of Brazil’s top exports, Izabel’s professional career got off to an inauspicious start when she experienced a wardrobe malfunction during her first runway show.

“For some reason everyone was wearing clothes and they put a bikini on me,” she says. “They tied up the bikini and put the top part behind my back and I was like ‘Guys that’s not going to work out. I’m not feeling comfortable with that. It’s going to fall.’ They’re like, ‘No you’re fine with this. Go girl, go!’ And then I started walking down. I was really nervous, it was my first time and I felt my bikini top falling down. I felt as I was walking something was coming down slowly and I was like, ‘Oh my God, oh my God, help me,' and when I completely got in front of the photographers it fell. I was just frozen and I saw everyone around me standing up clapping and laughing.”

The unfortunate incident made many Brazilian newspapers and remains Izabel’s most embarrassing moment. Luckily, she was able to put her rocky start behind her and returned to the runway to model collections for A-list designers such as Bill Blass, Jill Sander, Michael Kors, Ralph Lauren and Stella McCartney, among many others.

By 2005, Izabel’s success on the catwalk prompted a move to the Big Apple, where she was instantly signed to a multiyear contract by Victoria’s Secret and put on the catwalk with Gisèle Bündchen, Marisa Miller, Adriana Lima, Petra Nemcova, and Alessandra Ambrosio.

The Brazilian bombshell made her debut for the company later that year by modeling a bikini made out of candy at the 2005 Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show. “It was so delicious,” she says. “I was like talking to myself. I was like, ‘OK Izabel, if you be a good girl, don’t let anything fall out, and if you don’t fall you deserve to eat your outfit later on. And that’s what I did. It was so sweet. It was so delicious.”

Izabel has since appeared in prominent ads for Cori, Diesel, Forum, G Series, Osklen, Pollini, Triton, Valfrance, Yohji Yamamoto, Zoomp, and more. She also made her acting debut in 2007 with a supporting role in the hit HBO series Entourage.

Sexiness

Izabel Goulart is the kind of woman who populates male fantasies. That’s because this 5’9” Brazilian knockout has deliciously long limbs that seemingly go on forever. Combine that with her surprisingly curvaceous 32.5-23.5-35 dimensions and it's easy to see why she’s one of Victoria’s Secret’s most promising new models.

So, what is this fresh-faced man-eater looking for in a guy? “Everyone wants to have a man who’s funny and smart,” she says. “That’s very sexy. That’s a good man.”

Success

In addition to being a Victoria’s Secret Angel, she was also recently named to Esquire magazine's annual list of 100 things, people, ideas, and trends that readers need to know. Perhaps that’s because she’s spent the past few years sashaying down the runway for top designers like Bill Blass, Michael Kors and Ralph Lauren, and appearing in ads for big-name brands like Diesel, Forum, Yohji Yamamoto, and Zoomp. Izabel increased her portfolio in 2007 when she made her acting debut in an episode of Entourage.

Birth name: Izabel Goulart
Date of birth: October 23, 1984
Place of birth: São Carlos, São Paulo, Brazil
Height: 5 ft 9.5 in (1.77 m)
Hair color: Brown-Blond
Eye color: Brown
Measurements: (US) 33-24-35 ; (EU) 83-60-89
Dress size: (US) 4 ; (EU) 34
Shoe size : US) 9 ; (EU) 39
Agency: 1 Model Management, Major Agency, Women Management


Izabel Goulart

Izabel Goulart

Izabel Goulart

Izabel Goulart

Izabel Goulart

Izabel Goulart

Izabel Goulart

Izabel Goulart

Izabel Goulart

Izabel Goulart


0 comments:

Post a Comment